Friday, August 26, 2011

Human Creativity



Recently I had the privilege of traveling to Glen Canyon Dam and the next day Hoover Dam on my vacation with my brother. What marvelous examples of human engineering. I actually found myself thankful for engineers. So you might ask since those are human creations what do they have to do with God’s creation? You are right except that God gave the engineering principles to enable the engineers to design and the builders to construct those dams years ago. I’m amazed how we see God’s creation in human creativity and ingenuity.
Whatever knowledge is available, it is God’s knowledge. My seminary professor the late Vernon Grounds said, “All truth is God’s truth.” We need to give him the glory for it. I praised God for Hoover Dam as I observed it with a birds-eye view from the new bridge that was completed last year. I praise God for the narrow canyons cut by the Colorado River and his hand that allowed for concrete to back up water creating the largest reservoirs in the US. I praised God they provide irrigation for farmlands in Arizona and California through which we receive much of our fruit, vegetables and produce. I praise God for the stark beauty of the rugged cliffs and shorelines creating new habitat for countless species of fish and waterfowl. Our God is an amazing God. Psalm 104:13, NIV reads, “He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment