Friday, August 8, 2014

Uganda the Pearl of Africa








I recently had the privilege of traveling to Uganda for the third time.  The country is absolutely stunning with teeming rivers, diverse forests and unique wildlife.  Yet Uganda’s greatest resource is its humble and gentle people.  Their smiles brighten even the darkest of days and their hearts are warm and inviting.  I took a team of 15 to help with Hines Ugandan Ministries that serve over 200 orphaned children and house them in homes of extended family.  Personally it was a highlight for me to meet Mary, the young lady my wife and I have supported for over 10 years.   The picture shows me with Mary after we had lunch together.  The most fulfilling experience for me was to see our group of 15 gently and boldly share their faith as they visited homes in the village of Kamonkoli.  God used the fifteen to lead over 40 to a personal relationship with him through faith in Jesus Christ and his sacrificial death for them on the cross.  It was encouraging to see so many accept his death and penalty for their sin. Like us they could never pay the penalty.  God created us to love and serve him forever, but because of sin, that goal has been frustrated ever since humanity’s fall in the Garden of Eden.  That is why we need Jesus.  I’m so pleased that once again God took me to a delightful place to draw me closer to himself as I witnessed others being drawn by the good news Jesus dying on the cross to save them from the penalty of sin.  To God be the glory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment